Friday, September 20, 2013

Confidence can be yours...

One thing that I have discovered as a transgender woman is that my confidence has soared and I am dreaming as well as doing like never before. I guess this magic moment of accomplishment is the result of finally becoming the person I've always wanted to be.

I was denied my womanhood - my truest person stolen from my life. I had to be someone I was not and this hiding, made me less-than productive. I was denying myself the reality that was beneath my Oscar winning fakery of being a man. My grow and potential as a woman - gone.

Then in January of 2013, I decided to be real. I made the choice to stop "robbing my own safe". I became who I knew was sleeping for 47 years - Jenny. I allowed her the life she deserved. I gave her the existence God granted her at birth. As a result, creativity and positive assurance grew like a field of wildflowers in Spring.

These days I find myself shaking my head and even laughing at myself a bit in my own amazement. I have dreamed things - done things lately, that I have never thought I could before. I am designing again and creating again. My artistic side is flourishing. There is nothing I can't do. I'm wearing bold and beautiful clothes and going to events for women. I'm traveling to DC and New York and I am even working with Lani Woo to produce a show - a very bold move for a transgender person.

So transgender friends and anyone reading my posts everyday I want to tell you something. Be the real person inside of you. Allow the real you to blossom and become magnificent. Never permit the negative and the dysphoria of life to tell you that your trapped. Dare to dream and dare to accomplish - be genuine. Allow the life you were given to live and see that wonderful can be yours!

Much love - Jenny Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment