Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's OK to be Transgender!


Just yesterday two women, at separate times, came to me while I was eating my lunch in the break room.

Somehow the topic, by their doing, shifted to how they had two family members who were transgender. They shared all about it and how they had no issues at all with it. You could see that they knew from experience in their own family, that transgender really does exist and that it is not a choice you make. You're born that way.

They told me time after time that the genders of the people they spoke of were both genders in one body. Yes, physically both parts male and female. They shared about how it never mattered to them. They just accepted their family member and embraced whatever gender they knew they were. Just tells you how awesome these two ladies are to be so accepting.

I share this because I think there are people who think that I and others like me, just wear other gender clothes like some cross dresser. As if it was a compulsion or a psychological fetish. I think some really believe that transgender people are not biologically, or genetically or anatomically, what we are. What those ladies told me was terrific and it reassured me yet again, that I am normal. Society must start embracing this type of person and then allow them, us, to be the gender we know we are.

The two ladies know I'm trans. I guess it is very obvious or word gets around. My work is very ok with me and they encourage me. I never asked for it, I never brought up the topic at lunch. They told me things that only a transgender person would know. It confirmed to me all I knew and felt. It was great. I also got closer to two more people at work. God is so good to me.

Just passing along the good news! Its ok to be transgender.

No comments:

Post a Comment