Sunday, April 28, 2013


A Plea to my Parents to find me and somehow love me as their Daughter...


Dear Mom and Dad,

I think you follow me on Facebook, I have no idea anymore. Sadly we haven't spoken in some time. I was your Son and now, I am your Daughter for sure. Actually I always was your Daughter. We all just didn't know back then. But today, we all do know, or I hope that you will believe it.

As you look back at my many mistakes, and there have been many, I hope you see maybe the reasons why I was having trouble with my life. Now, maybe you will see why my marriages were never meant to be. Why I did badly in school or why I was so emotional and weak. I was a girl the entire time and I had no way of knowing what to do with that truth in a guy's body. I guess, neither did you.

If you are following me and if you have by chance been reading my posts, please allow me to be your Daughter. Please accept me, not as some disturbed kid that went wrong, but as a happy and emotionally sound person. I am not a "candy ass" as you called me. I am not a mess or embarrassing. I am a happy woman that the two of you helped to form. You brought me into the world, please somehow re-own me.

But I will never be your Son, I can only be who I have always been. I know it all seems shocking and maybe a shame to you, but to me and my friends, I am whole and wonderful. Maybe, just maybe, this crazy way of trying to reach you will make its way through the universe and to your wall??? Facebook has a way of doing that. If it does, then please tell me that I am your Daughter and that you do love me as your Daughter. Use my name and acknowledge that I exist as the woman whom you help bring into the world.

We all will die one day. Why do so without mending or acknowledging who I am finally? I am your daughter. Male hormones you thought would genuinely help never changed me into a man. Separating me from girls and girl things in and after 4th grade never changed me either. Kids beating me up constantly and day after day never stopped me or made me stand up as a guy. Nothing will change my reality. Nothing, not even myself and my stupid attempts at hiding and running from being transgender. I am a girl, a woman now. I want to be loved by you and finally received not generically or by some blanket we don't care what gender you are. I want you to care and to admit that what I know is true is in fact believed by you as well.

I will be the best Daughter you could ever know. You can learn about how sweet and caring I am. You can discover how funny and feisty I am too. I am not the little kid or the young adult you last remember. I am a beautiful and awesome female who loves people and has helped so many. You would be proud of who your daughter has become. Please give me a chance if you ever get this note.

Love - Jennifer your estranged daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment