Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm walking on the beach to clear my mind. A cool breeze blows after a passing storm in South Florida. I spoke to myself as God was listening to my every thought. I'm a girl in a guys body - I'm Transgender. 

As I was strolling along my way at the beach, I said to "myself" and a prayer of sorts - "I wish I was a girl here and now." I desired so deeply to be transformed to what I knew I was since birth - a girl. This wish is very typical for transgender females like me. I really wasn't seeking for a word in reply, but what happened next was very real.

A voice in my mind, so loving, affirmative and kind said in reply- "You ARE a girl. " I smiled. Like a divine rebuke. I was being told to no longer ask this question because of a simple truth deep within me. I was a girl. Even though I was stuck in a guy's body, it made no change in my reality. I was female and not a male. I think the voice was of the Creator who made me and He assured me. All I could reply with a tear was:  I love you Lord.

Transgender women struggle with looking like a male. We want to be female because that's who we really are. We sometimes need the reminder from heaven or in our hearts and minds that we are girls no matter what the outside looks like. Hearing a voice as I did may sound corny to you, but to a trans-girl, it was truly divine.

Jenny Taylor
jennifercohenhappy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment