Saturday, April 20, 2013


Bravery Test...Transgender Exam Time


You know you're brave when you are a transgender female at a restaurant, looking like a woman and every single eye in the place begins to focus on you alone. They all stop eating and you can hear a pin drop as they watch your every move.

As you stand at the counter, looking fabulous, every person leans in to hear what your voice will sound like! (It would be so funny one day to do the loudest and deepest male voice I have to order! hee hee) In my regular-soft female voice I get my order taken. You hear all the people gasp behind you. What must they be thinking as I laugh to myself. Who cares, I proceed anyway.

Some people look and when they get a good gander, they say who cares. Others, stare or even smile in acceptance. Some just point and tap the guy next to them and then laugh. All part of a normal day in the life of a Trans-girl.

Yet in all of the good, the bad, and the homophobic, you reach deep within and you find courage to keep being yourself. You face the hardship and you know that you are real and genuine. You are inside what you look like outside as a woman. You are in fact a girl. You reject the looks and the stares. You hold your head up high and you try not to trip in your heels! You have a good sense of pride about who you are and it shows.

It feels good to be brave and feminine. It feels great to be pretty and to be courageous. I'm going to keep doing this. I will continue to be me - a woman.

Jenny Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment