Sunday, April 21, 2013


Being Transgender - Facing the Truth about Your Gender means also Facing Your Accusers...


Walking as I usually do each day and in public you never know who you'll bump into. Most people who see me as a guy/girl (their interpretation, not mine), usually just smirk or keep walking by. Some however make very rude comments when they think I can't hear with my earbuds on. 

I walk like a girl. I have the whole hip thing going on and have for a long time. I wear makeup and have longer hair than most guys. I wear girl shorts and a girl top. Well dressed in all that, as I was walking on the sidewalk, three guys came from the opposing direction. One guy said to the others, (they had no idea I could hear them), "Well, look what we got here". Laughs then began as they looked right at me. I was not happy.

Most of the time I just let stuff go by. But not tonight. Sometimes you have to peacefully take a stand and say knock it off. You end the haters jeers and their words against you with just a look. They thought that you would just roll over and take it. You show them differently.

I heard their garbage loud and clear. I pulled the earbuds from my ears and I turned around as they were still looking at me. I had a look that meant business. Remember I am a mixed martial arts girl. I can protect myself if I have to. The guys when they saw how serious I was turned around and quickly went their way a whole lot faster than they had before! I made my point. They went away and no they were not laughing anymore.

I never recommend this for anyone, but I still share the fact that there is a time, only when you are a zillion percent safe, to take a stand against haters. Most of the time smile and go your way. (Don't do what I did. It's never worth a fight.) Yet, i felt in my heart that maybe I put the fear of God in them by my look. Maybe they will never dare do that to another trans-girl again. This time I convinced them to shut their traps.

I may be a girl and I may be kind pretty (rarely), but I'll kick you assurances all over the sidewalk if I have to. Hardly ever will I do this kind of posture, but tonight I had to. The best part, I did it looking like and being a girl. Heehee.

Hugs - Jenny (One tough Momma)

No comments:

Post a Comment