Wednesday, April 17, 2013


I could have been Bitter and Cynical, But NO...


From all that I went through in my life I guess I could have chosen to be bitter and cynical. I could have decided to repay the world for all the hell "they" put me through. I could have said: I hate people and I'll never trust anyone ever again. Thank God I never chose any of those things.

I am a positive person. I love people and I decided to not be cynical. I chose to turn a bad event and a bad time in my life into something for the benefit of others. I chose to love my enemies and to treat my neighbor as myself. I had to be positive and resist the negative. I had to make the choice to forgive people who were cruel.

This intent of mine - to be loving and forgiving, is the best route to take over bitterness and cynicism. You focus on what benefits others and you show love to a world that needs it. Why add to the cruelty and the distrust already out there? Why be like everyone who harmed me? No, its my turn to say no to the desire to "get people back". Time to let go of the negativity. Time to move forward into a positive future.

Try your best to forgive and to love those whom are your enemies. I know it seems like you're allowing their misbehavior by doing so, but that not true. When you love and forgive a bad person, a mean person and an idiot, you do a miraculous thing - you instantly head in the opposite direction. If you return hate for hate, then you're a hater too just like they are. If you return meanness and cynicism, you become that.

Never become what you hate. Bitterness and cynicism make you into that bad person you don't want to be. You justify your bad activities as if you have the right to be mean and negative because of what "they" did to you. No my Friend, choose love and choose to go in the other direction via forgiveness.

Much love, even to my enemies and mean people,
Jenny Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment