Saturday, March 9, 2013


GI Joe or GI Jane...


I can recall when I was a kid how I loved dolls. Some of you just cringed at the word dolls! Ok, for the weak, let me sanitize that "D" word to action figures. LOL Anyway, I used to love to do the doll thing. But because it is "Wrong" for a boy to play with dolls, I was given the option let's say of having a GI Joe instead.

A doll was a doll to me, so I made GI Joe, GI Jane! My GI Joe/Jane had all the latest accessories: Shoes, clothes etc. I made a box to keep all his (her), accessories in. My GI Joe was not into war and killing -NO. He/she was into doing what the Barbies did. I would make a house and my doll would live in it. All the other boys never really did get into dolls. I always wondered why not? They were missing out.

I guess I have always made the best out of the worst. I always learned how to survive. I was me the whole time. I adapted. Now don't get me wrong, it was hell! But, I was Jenny inside. I never let anyone put my light out. I kept the flame burning so that today, I could finally be the real me. Jenny on the inside as well as the outside!

Much love ♥ Jen

jennifercohenhappy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment