Sunday, March 3, 2013

How to Use your Pictures to show changes to your Body During HRT


I was looking at one of my pictures from just 4 months ago. I hadn't seen it in a long time so my seeing it today would give me a fresh look at my face and how it has changed recently. By the way, that's a good way to gauge your progress in HRT. You look at photos from the past and then you compare those older ones to the ones you have now. Many times you'll see subtle changes to your face and body that way. You may also see dramatic changes like I saw. My old pic was so different from my new ones!


 A comparison of Me 4 months ago and then now 2 weeks on HRT and T-Blockers. Slowly and Subtlety, the changes to my face are happening one small step at a time. 



The mirror is not a good way to determine change until you have major changes to breasts or to your his etc.  Even then, those changes when their subtle are not distinguishable. Photos if taken in the same place and light each time can really show a comparison you can use to measure your HRT progress with.

I recommend taking pics using your cell phone each week. Take several shots from multiple angles. Face front and even a profile. Then use and art program to set one photo next to another. Week 1 on the left and Week 2 on the right. Save it as one photo. By doing this you'll have a visual record of your journey on hormones. This simple process, encourages you. Transgender people need all the encouragement that we can get right? So use this picture taking method to build you up and push you forward.

Hope this helps! Good luck in your HRT journey girls!

Jenny
http://www.facebook.com/jennifercohenhappy
jennifercohenhappy@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. As the weeks go by, you will see dramatic changes. My photos at the time of this post, are minor. Still, they are encouraging and the comparisons will inspire you especially in the low times when you think that you'll never get "there".

    ReplyDelete