Friday, May 24, 2013

A Transgender Woman Says Goodbye to Dave and Hello to Her New Life

A Transgender Woman Says Goodbye to Dave and Hello to Her New Life

An Explanation...of a man who was and a woman who now is because of him.

Dave is who I used to be. Many loved him and so did I. He was my knight in shining armor. He kept Jenny hidden and safe from people who hated or would harm a transgender person. He was strong and tough. He could laugh and sing and make people laugh. Women fell in love with him and so did I. 

But one day Dave's job at protecting me, Jenny, was over. He watched over me for 44 years. It was time to say goodbye to Dave and Hello to Jennifer. One night Dave went to the beach at night. He had just ended a 1 year and a half relationship with the woman he loved. He wept on that beach and the tears were tears of sadness mixed with joy. Fear mixed with anticipation. It was a new beginning and a wonderful departure.

Dave left us that night. You may have known him and loved him. But I think you'll love him even more as you realize the great sacrifice he made for me. He was willing to fake being a man so that one day I could be a girl. He was willing to get married and do things that he had no idea at how to do as a man. Yet he tried and did so for me. He loved me that much that he was willing to be miserable to protect me. He was sad almost everyday just for me. I will never forget him.

But Dave is no longer with us. We all have to let him go. Say goodbye. He would want you to love Jenny. His passion and reason for living. He would want you to dance with her and sing with her. He would want you to love her and embrace her. He will never be back.

I live my life now with wonderful memories of the past. I now however have to be faithful to Dave and all he did for me. He gave his life so that I could be a woman forever. I have to keep my word to him and never ever go back.

Goodbye my friend - I love you and I thank you for allowing me to be me -Jenny Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment