Saturday, May 4, 2013


Hate for Hate...Does nothing at All 


It is time for each of us, as never before, to take the flag and start waving that. To be us and individuals. To express ourselves in ways that must be shown.

Look, we all have a problem with right-wing crazy people who use cable news and talk radio to inspire the haters of LGBT. I get it. They are wrong.

BUT - Here is what I suggest: Making Converts

Making converts is when we stop hating those who hate us. Rather we get bold and use media like Facebook (as I do), blogs, talk, actions, whatever, to teach those who may listen. I know the freaks won't convert to see that LGBT is another acronym for normal, but there are a couple who will. These few are well worth the effort to convert.

There are many who have come to find that LGBT is not foreign but rather human. People like myself and others have taken the time and invested our lives to reach them with love and truth. I think now is the time to take advantage of the way the world is embracing us. Jump in the flow and help make the wave even bigger. People will only hear if we make a joyful noise. But if we are silent, the deaf will continue to be deaf.

Do a little, do much. Do something to show support or voice your life in a peaceful manner. Try to care about the ignorant who make our lives hard. We all want to hate back. It is normal. The best thing however is to reach the few by love and wisdom.

I don't know how I will be able to become more active for transgender rights and the LGB community, but I know that I have invested my life in that cause. I believe that karma comes back to those who love. Somehow, I will be able in ways that I can't imagine.

Today, I will keep my watch, say my words and lead those who will follow me. I will do what I can with what little I got. There are haters who need to convert and come over to humanity where the rest of us are.

Love much- Jenny Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment