Tuesday, May 7, 2013


Ok my Friends a Clerk at JCPenney called me "Disgusting"


So I approached the clerk and asked if she was saying that about me? Of course I knew the answer, it was she who did not know that I heard the whole comment. She told me no, of course not. I would never do that she said to me. Hmm -ya right.

I then went on to tell her that "I was transgender and that it was really no big deal to be that". I also told her that "we have feelings and that we are not disgusting". I confronted her. It had to be done.

I was calm and very kind considering the rudeness. I was a lady. Just because people are mean spirited, it does not mean that we should yell and rant in return. It does not justify me or you flying off the handle in some rebuttal. We have dignity, self respect and pride. We conduct ourselves accordingly.

I left the store with resolve to call Customer Service and report this clerk. I did not one of you to go to this same store and then face this clerk as well. I knew hopefully (yet to be seen -maybe today), that JCPenney would make it right. 

I did call Customer Service and the representative apologized profusely. I still wanted more than just an "We are sorry Mam". I wanted to fix the issue and teach employees how to treat transgender customers better. I wanted respect for us as trans people when we shop. We deserve that. You deserve that. I hope that as this all pans out and I get a supposed call from managers today, that I have brought about some changes. All I can do is try.

Stand tall my friends and never give in to discrimination in places where you should have respect. Act appropriately and make a change for the good of us all.

Much Love - Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment