Saturday, May 4, 2013


Tran·si·tion -
"The process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another"


That word transition, along with it's definition, is what describes me and others best. We are in a period of change. We are moving from one condition (male for me) to another condition (female). We are going from one state of unhappiness to another state of happiness. We are transgender.

I was at my Trans-Sister's house last night and we were messing around with my grey hair. I made the choice to color it to a pretty blonde. The dye set fine and my grey was gone. I changed my hair color to another because I am always working on my canvas -my life. Transitioning my body to conform to what is the truth within me. It may sound like a simple thing and of no real value, but making this color change is major as it contributes to the big picture.

Rachel and me were with her Wife Sherry and we had fun all night. Like little girls playing in front of the mirror. It was so cool to see how Rachel was transforming too. She, like myself, moving from one condition to another - transitioning, was making great progress. It is great to transition, but it is even better to do that along with someone else. Like a duo for transformation and cohorts for change, we joined forces to watch our bodies look more feminine. It was a ton of fun.

There was one point, and you ladies will appreciate this looking back to your teenage years, where we went to the bathroom and stood before a huge wall mirror. You should have seen us, two grown up women acting like teens and putting on our makeup. Trying this and messing up that. Doing well and then admiring our adjustments to our facial flaws. You may find it odd, but we were pretty at the end of it all.

I guess transitioning for those who are transgender is like an adult puberty. You change from a man to girl to woman. The move through those stages is fascinating and even exciting. Rachel said we are in the teenager stage. In many ways, I totally agree. Discovery seems to be whats happening. Our bodies are changing in so many ways and we are looking for those treasures everyday we wake up. "I wonder what my hips look like today? Hey, look at my breasts or my butt or my face!" Yes, puberty and discovery.

Transitioning is also a progression. Leaving the old, non-correct gender life behind and moving into what is correct. A repair job of softs. You are female, but you body is in need of adjustments or outright overhaul. That's why I dye my hair or take hormones. I use the simple and the complex to progress from one bad place to another great place. I become the real me.

Well, I better get along now. I have more transitioning to do.

Much Love - Jenny Taylor - a girl, and more so every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment