Sunday, May 12, 2013


Walking my Roommate's Dog Just Affirmed me as a Woman...Being Transgender is Great


Ok, you will have to put up with a topic that is, well, a bit funny as it is unappealing - Bagging and throwing away dog mess. LOL yes that nasty function and what is part of normal dog ownership caused something fantastic to occur o the walk today.

I was walking Yogi, Jorge's dog. She did the usual and as a responsible neighbor, I picked up the "stuff". I made my way to a dumpster and threw the waste away. I began to walk away from that dumpster when I guess the landlord for that building yelled to me "Mam!". A smile came to my face and I replied in my usual lady-like way- "Yes?" She said that she would like it if I could use my own dumpster for that and not hers any longer. I said sure and then it hit me - She called me "Mam"!

I was so happy to see that I am really progressing quite well in my transition. I am a girl and I am not "passing" as some say. Heck I never just want to pass! I AM. I don't dress LIKE a woman, I am one.

So the point is this: Just be you. Be the real woman you are. I never have to try or act like, or copy. I am the authentic, the genuine and the real. So are you or you should be. Never settle for passing when you can be.

Much love - Jenny Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment