Saturday, May 11, 2013


You Know Me...


I am the girl next door. I am the one who has a glow on her face and a gleam in her eye. I am the one that puts a flower in her hair. I love gentle breezes and long walks with the one I love. You know me.

I am the lady who sings like a bird and smiles like the sun. I walk like a song and make music with every step I take. I am the woman you know. 

I am the woman you want your daughters to imitate. I am a blessing. I love to be pretty and I love to make you miss me. I am the girl who writes little notes to encourage you. I am the one you call when you're ill. I am a woman you know well.

I am the woman who laughs and listens to your stories. I am the one who hugs you when you're down. I am as beautiful as the bird of paradise and as powerful as a lioness. I am gentle as a breeze and as forceful as the wind. I am a girl you love.

I am Jenny. A Transgender woman who longs to be all these things and more to you and to those I love. My body parts do not make me these things. My heart is what makes it all a reality. I am the girl, the lady and the woman you know. I am a wonderful garden and becoming more beautiful with each and every day. But I am not the only one like this. There are thousands of us - women in transition. Works of art and the Master is still painting.

You know who we are or will if all you do is look around.

Much Love - Jenny Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment